More Than 80 BOSTON COLLEGE Students SICK After Eating CHIPOTLE
Don’t say I didn’t warn you. Just weeks after suffering a national e-coli PR crisis, burrito chain CHIPOTLE is back in the headlines, this time for infecting more than eighty students from my own alma mater Boston College with the Norovirus.
While Massachusetts officials are investigating this new Chipotle outbreak, Chipotle has temporarily closed their Cleveland Circle location after BC students, including members of the school’s basketball team, were treated for stomach pains after having eaten at the troubled fast food joint there.
Chipotle stocks plummeted in recent weeks after the e. coli scare first broke in the Pacific northwest, leading to weeks of cleaning house in other states where e. coli infections spiked from consumers in California, Ohio, Minnesota and New York all fell ill after eating the too warm meats and vegetables that is served and maintained by poorly trained employees.Norovirus is the most common cause of gastrointestinal illness in the country, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, infecting as many as 21 million people and resulting in as many as 800 deaths in a year.
Time will tell if the beloved Mexican grill will survive, or if they will become the next chain to soon close all doors.